Digital SMD: Digital Tools for Improved Self-Management of Diabetes (2017 - Present)
Digital SMD aims to study data-driven research questions that can inform improved self-management of diabetes. Near-term research questions include:
- Individual- and population-studies to inform personalized goal-setting in diabetes management
- Algorithmic prediction of behavioral markers relevant to improved self-management
How to be a part?
- We invite anyone who has diabetes and uses a continuous glucose monitor and insulin pump on a daily basis to participate by voluntarily sharing their device data for research and/or by being of part of the ongoing DataViz Study. All data received will be de-identified to protect the participant's privacy. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- If you are aware of anyone else who may qualify and be willing to participate in this study, please share the information.
What is required of participants?
- Complete a consent form stating your willingness to participate in this study (time estimate: 3 mins)
- Complete a research questionnaire to share about yourself and how you manage your condition (time estimate: 15 mins)
- Download and share your CGM and insulin pump data, as well as activity tracker data (if available) for research (time estimate: 15 mins)
Do you have concerns?
This research study has been reviewed and approved by Rice University's Institutional Review Board. If you have concerns regarding this study or questions regarding your rights as a study participant, please contact the Compliance Administrator - IRB at Rice University. Email: email@example.com or Telephone: 713-348-3586.